The weather has turned bad once again. The team at the highest camp was prepared to leave early this morning, Friday October 5th, but never left camp as clouds shrouded the ridge to the Central Summit. They are returning to ABC. Several others at camp 1 are now preparing to return to ABC.
Some may leave early and return to Kathmandu but most will be back there around October 15. To my knowledge no one summitted Shisha Pangma this season. It has been one of the snowiest in recent memory. There is one climber on another team still on the Hill saying he will stay until the weather improves however the forecast is for extremely high winds to start soon with no end in sight.
Everyone on our team is safe.
Thanks for everyone's support during this climb. I sincerely appreciate the donations to the Cure Alzheimer's Fund.
Memories are Everything