The Blog on alanarnette.com is home to Alan Arnette’s expedition dispatches, coverage of the Everest seasons, climbing news, and Alzheimer’s. If you are one of my 3 million visitors, a sincere welcome back. Visit the About page for information on this site.
My work is dedicated to those with Alzheimer’s Disease and my mom, Ida Arnette, who died on August 16, 2009, from Alzheimer’s. Your donations to one of the selected Alzheimer’s non-profits go 100% to the non-profits, none ever to me.
My site’s climbing content has dedicated sections for each of my major climbs, including a trip report, FAQs, pictures, videos, and short stories. There are climbing resources that list my gear, training ideas, links to guides, and website links. A good resource is to compare the climbs from Rainier to Everest or the 7 Summits in easy-to-read tables.
Summit Coach: Professional Climbing Coaching
If you dream of climbing mountains but are not sure how to start or reach your next level, from a Colorado 14er to Rainier, Everest, or even K2, I can help. Summit Coach is my consulting service that helps aspiring climbers throughout the world achieve their goals through a personalized set of consulting services based on Alan Arnette’s 20+ years of high-altitude mountain experience and 30 years as a business executive.
Summit Talk: Professional Speaking:
- Acclaimed Keynote Speaker
- Corporate, Government, Education, and Non-Profits
- Speaks frequently at Alzheimer’s Conferences
- Global Events
- Presentations on Leadership, Advocacy, and for KiDs
- Oldest and 18th American to summit K2 on July 27, 2014, at age 58
- Four Everest climbs, summited on May 21, 2011
- Summited 7 of the 8 “7 Summits” between November 2010 and October 2011
- 36 major climbs around the world since starting at age 38
- Climbed well above 6000 meters over 13 times
- Climbed all of Colorado’s 58 14,000′ mountains
- Rock and ice climb as skills training for my alpine routes
- Works closely with several non-profits
- Met with multiple members of Congress
- Raised a significant amount of money for research
- Appeared on live television, radio plus print, and online media
- Contributor to National Geographic
- Contributor to Outside magazine
- Contributor to Rock & Ice magazine
- Frequent interviews by news outlets, including National Geographic, BBC, CBC, NBC, and FOX, plus online & print
Outside Magazine noted that I was “one of the world’s most respected chroniclers of Everest.”
I am honored to be a member of the Explorers Club and the American Alpine Club
Memories are Everything