Welcome to The Blog on alanarnette.com, home for Alan Arnette’s expedition dispatches, coverage of the Everest seasons plus news on climbing, and Alzheimer’s. If you are one of my 3 million visitors, a sincere welcome back. Visit the About page for information on this site.
My work is dedicated to those with Alzheimer’s Disease and my mom, Ida Arnette, who died on August 16, 2009 from Alzheimer’s. Your donations to one of the selected Alzheimer’s non-profits goes 100% goes to the non-profits, none ever to me.
My site’s climbing content has dedicated sections for each of my major climbs including a trip report, FAQs, pictures, videos, and short stories. There are climbing resources that list my gear, training ideas and links to guides, web sites links. A good resource is to compare the climbs from Rainier to Everest or the 7 Summits in easy to read tables.
If you dream of climbing mountains but are not sure how to start or reach your next level from a Colorado 14er to Rainier, Everest or even K2, I can help. Summit Coach is my consulting service that helps aspiring climbers throughout the world achieve their goals through a personalized set of consulting services based on Alan Arnette’s 20+ years of high altitude mountain experience and 30 years as a business executive.
- Oldest and 18th American to summit K2 on July 27, 2014 at age 58
- Four Everest climbs, summited on May 21, 2011
- Summited 7 of the 8 “7 Summits” between November 2010 and October 2011
- 36 major climbs around the world since starting at age 38
- Climbed well above 6000 meters over 13 times
- Climbed all of Colorado’s 58 14,000′ mountains
- Rock and ice climb as skills training for my alpine routes
- Acclaimed Keynote Speaker
- Speaks frequently to Alzheimer’s Conferences
- International Events
- Presentations on Leadership, Advocacy and for KiDs
- Works closely with several non-profits
- Met with multiple members of Congress
- Raised significant amount of money for research
- Appeared on live television, radio plus print and on-line media
- Contributor to National Geographic
- Contributor to Outside magazine
- Contributor to Rock & Ice magazine
- Frequent live and taped interviewed by news outlets including National Geographic, BBC, CBC, NBC, FOX plus online & print
Outside Magazine noted that I was “one of the world’s most respected chroniclers of Everest.”
Memories are Everything