Believe it or not, Everest keeps on coming on with day five. Some with huge numbers and large support ratios. At least 27 more summits Monday Morning, May 16, 2022, bringing the total on both sides to 396 on the Neal side and another 50 on the Tibet side. More going for Tuesday, depending on the winds. They are forecasted to gust to 45mph/70 kph on Monday night. By my count, there are around 40 to 60 people left to summit.
Monday morning recap:
Pioneer Adventure got two on the summit a bit before 5 am:
• Satish Sir• Pasang Sherpa
Monday morning, May 16, 2022, between 4 – 6:40 am. Another huge team with massive support, 11 members with 16 Sherpas, summits. Mingma G‘s Imagine Nepal reports:
1. Abdul Muhammad (Pakistan)2. Liu wenwei (China)3. Hai QIANNAN (China)4. Anna surysheva (Russian)5. Nathan Peter Longman (Australia)6. Feng jianfei (china)7. zhan xiongchang (china)8. Miss montana twinprai (Thailand)9. Raju lama (nepal)10. Ramkumar shrestha (nepal11. Suraj Paudyal (Nepal)12. Mingma G ( With out oxygen)13. Dawa Tenjin Sherpa (Nepal)14. Ngima Nuru Sherpa (Nepal)15. Pasang Bhote (Nepal)16. Mingma Chhiri Sherpa (Nepal)17. Chhiring Sherpa (Nepal)18. Tenjin Salaka Bhote (Nepal)19. Furtemba Sherpa (Nepal)20. Sonam Tashi Sherpa (Nepal)21. Kili Pemba Sherpa (Nepal)22. Angdu Sherpa (Nepal)23. Thiley Sherpa (Nepal)24. Pasang Dawa Sherpa (Nepal)25. Jamchang Bhote (Nepal)26. Densa Bhote (Nepal)27. Ngima Dorjee Sherpa (Nepal)
IMG added a few more names from Sunday, Amy 15:
- Hoa Lam (Canada)
- Hunter Blythe Argenbright (USA)
- Ang Karma Sherpa (8th Summit; Nepal)
- Mingma Sona Sherpa (5th Summit; Nepal)
- Darinji Sherpa (5th Summit; Nepal)
- Nuru Jangbu Sherpa (Nepal)
There are still over 100 people ready for Summit Wave 7 this week as long as the winds stay calm. Stay tuned. Teams still ready to summit include:
Postscript. I asked Dr. Hemant Leuva, for the names of the Sherpas who supported the Satori summit, and he provided;
1. Mingma Temba Sherpa, Sherpa sirdar2. Lhakpa Sherpa3. Pema Sherpa4. Furte Sherpa5. Anup Rai6. Pemba Oingdi Sherpa7. Nima Sherpa8. Phurba Sherpa9. Tendi Sherpa10. Ongdak Shepa
1. Dr. Hemant Leuva, India2. Dr. Surbhi Leuva, India3. Dr. Somat Chetariya, India4. Rahul Bhairwah, India5. Devin Gala, USA6. Luca Montanari, Italy7. Andrea Lanfri, Italy.
Memories are Everything
The Podcast on alanarnette.com
You can listen to #everest2022 podcasts on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Anchor, and more. Just search for “alan arnette” on your favorite podcast platform.
If you dream of climbing mountains but are not sure how to start or reach your next level, from a Colorado 14er to Rainier, Everest, or even K2, we can help. Summit Coach is a consulting service that helps aspiring climbers throughout the world achieve their goals through a personalized set of consulting services based on Alan Arnette’s 25 years of high altitude mountain experience, including summits of Everest, K2, and Manaslu, and 30 years as a business executive.
Thank you for the information.
So he doesen’t even reach the C1,from his famous new route ?
Apparently not. But I’m not 100% certain as there has been no news anywhere.
Some news from Marc Batard and his new route to the C1 (avoiding the Icefall ?)
No. He had health issues a few weeks ago and went quiet.