Sadly another major earthquake, 7.2, hit Nepal on Tuesday, May 12, 2015. The epicenter was near Namche Bazaar and the damage is said to be extensive in the Solo Khumbu per Ang Tshering, Charmin of the Climate Alliance of Himalayan Communities.
They report the following:
- Contact was made within 5 minutes of earthquake through satellite phone with people in Khumbu:
- Damages to property has been vast in the Solukhumbu region
- Too early to report on human and livestock casualties
- Efforts to contact others in Khumbu have failed due to difficulties in communication lines
- Reports are streaming in of the effects in other parts on Nepal
- Damages and human casualties in Kathmandu are being reported
- Emergency cabinet meeting is being held in Singha Durbar, Kathmandu
- Prime Minister has addressed the nation now (Tuesday)
The following portfolio describes this and the previous damage very well.