We have summits on Everest, Lhotse Makalu and Kangchenjunga. This is a 2 day window and a few teams are attempting to thread the needle. 30 people are reported staged at the South Col for the next Everest attempt tonight, May 14th. I’ll report in as information is available.
Nepal – Everest and Lhotse Summits
Everest Rope Team Summits!
Madison Mountaineering‘s Garrett Madison and Himalayan Guides who are hosting/managing the rope team gave this update:
Alan, our team reached the summit at 1:45 PM today (May 14th).
This is to inform you that the following members of rope fixing team of Madison Mountaineering Everest expedition 2019 team has reached the top of Mt. Everest at ……… on May 14, 2019
Details of summiter
1. Siddhi Bahadur Tamang – group leader – Lamabagar -5, Dolakha
2. Pasdawa Sherpa – Makalu -9, Sankhuwasava
3. Dorji Gyalgen Sherpa – Khumjung – 8, Solukhumbu
4. Pasang Dawa Sherpa – Khumjung – 8, Solukhumbu
5. Dawa Nurbu Sherpa – Makalu-9, Sankhuwasava
6. Ming Dorje Sherpa – Makalu-4, Sankhuwasava
7. Aang Phurba Sherpa – Yaphu-9, Sankhuwasava
8. Sangbu Bhote Lama – Hatiya -1, Sankhuwasava
Additionally from Garrett
Now we’ll start thinking about our summit strategy with our main team. Kenton Cool and climber Michael are up in Camp 3 today on their way for a potential summit on the 16th of May. Everyone else is doing great here in base camp. We’ll check in soon.
Imagine Nepal’s Mingma Sherpa made the summit of Lhotse on Tuesday, May 14th.
Huge Huge Congratulation to my Lhotse team. 2 members and I will climb it after our Everest.
Today’s summiteers list
1. Dawa Gyalje Sherpa-Rolwaling
2. Kili Pemba Sherpa-Rolwaling
3. Pemba Chote Sherpa-Thame
4. Ang jangbu Sherpa-Thame
5. Dendi Sherpa-Solukhumbu
6. Tamting Sherpa-Rolwaling
7. Dawa Tenzing Sherpa-Rolwaling
8. Gao Li- China
9. Mr Li Xiaolin- China
10. Ms Christina Flampouri-Greece
11. Mr Antonios Sykaris-Greece
12.Mr Sirbaz Khan-Pakistan
Christina became First Greece woman and Sirbaz Khan became First Pakistan on Lhotse
The rope team from Seven Summits Treks on Makalu got to the summit:
5 rope fixing Sherpas including 3 From Seven Summit Treks made successful summit of Mt Makalu this morning 8:45 AM , report from basecamp by Karma Gyalje Sherpa
1) Sanu Sherpa (SST)
2) Nima Sherpa (SST)
3) Chhangba Sherpa (SST)
4) Mu Dorchi Sherpa (EB)
5) Lakpa Thinduk Sherpa (PA)
Rest of the climbers will follow to the summit by tomorrow.
Makalu update !Comments on/from Facebook