Those who have followed me over the years know that I promote direct donations to research-oriented Alzheimer’s non-profits or supporting clinical trails during my climbs. This has resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in direct donations, none ever to me.
For this Bolivian expedition, I want to offer to speak at any event in any mainland US city as long as the organizers (individual, group, organization, company, etc.) will guarantee that a minimum of $5,000 will be donated directly to a research-oriented Alzheimer’s non-profit.
Simply add your “Event Bid” at this page and the highest over $5,000 will win! I’ll update the bids on my blog throughout July and announce the winner on August 1, 2019.
- Event to be held in October 2019
- All parties agree to promote the event on respective social media and with local press
- Venue can be simple and inexpensive, perhaps a local REI store which will donate space.
- Any event expenses borne by the organizer
- Alan self-funds all of his travel expenses
- There is no speaking fee
- A minimum of $5,000 must be donated directly to an agreed upon Alzheimer’s non-profit within 7 days of the event.
Memories are Everything