The Everest 2021 season is about a month away and operators are busy buying, packing, and preparing for a safe season. This year, only the Nepal side will be climbed since China closed their side due to COVID.
I reached out to Lukas Furtenbach, of Austrian-based Furtenbach Adventures to discuss the season. We covered a lot of topics but dug deeply into his impressive use of technology to keep his clients safe. We covered:
- Preparing for the upcoming season
- Status climbing in Tibet this spring and autumn
- Furtenbach’s COVID safety plans for EBC and high camps
- How you are using advanced technology
- altitude tents for pre-acclimatization
- oxygen delivery
- Biometric tracking
Interview with Lukas Furtenbach of Furtenbach Adventures
Thanks, Lukas for an informative and always fun interview.
Memories are Everything
The Podcast on alanarnette.com
You can listen to #everest2021 podcasts on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Anchor, and more. Just search for “alan arnette” on your favorite podcast platform.